Food for Brains Session – Call for Abstracts
The main goal of the Food for Brains session is to share expertise and investigate new perspectives and challenges of aerosol dispenser’s technology and outline possible scenarios of its development.
The event will focus on a variety of crucial topics such as aerosol can, cap fitting, corrosion, crimping, transport, propellant, valve (…)
The key topics will include:
- Aerosol can – Burst pressure – Two possible actual values
- Aerosol can – Opportunities and challenges of new alloys
- Aerosol can – Progress with light weight alloys
- Aerosol can – Quality, flexibility and cost of digital printing
- Aerosol product withdrawal/recall – What to say to consumers
- Aerosol product – Which aerosol can resistance for the hottest regions?
- Aerosol product – Design for recycling for plastic aerosols
- Cap fitting – Frequent problems
- Cap fitting – Unusual problems
- Corrosion – When a corrosion inhibitor is needed
- Corrosion – Unexpected/unobvious cases
- Corrosion – Under which circumstances H2 could be created?
- Crimping – The optimum internal crimp (clinch) dimensions
- Crimping – Controlling the internal crimp (clinch) dimensions
- Transport – is the ADD sufficient?
- Transport – Special case: promotional packs
- Transport – Special case: Retail display pack
- Transport of aerosols – Shipment by post
- Propellant – Composition/quality and impact on actual internal pressure
- Propellant – Do impurities still cause toxicity concern?
- Propellant – experiences with alternative propellants
- Propellant – low VOC / low GWP alternatives
- Valve – Challenges for higher pressure resistance
- Valve – Challenges for using compressed gases
- Valves – Plastic valves for plastic bottles and welding technology
- New pressurised dispensing systems – Alternatives to conventional aerosol systems
We invite the submission of your topic that covers the understanding of the areas mentioned above. Please submit the abstract of your paper (200 words), include the title and affiliation to Valérie Boulet: [email protected]
Deadline for submission: 30 June 2020
23 september 2020 | 08:00 – 17:00
24 september 2020 | 08:00 – 16:00